星期六, 3月 08, 2014

#2 Dictionary Exercise

unveil

verb [T]     /ʌnˈveɪl/
› to remove a covering like a curtain from a new statue, etc. at a formalceremony in order to show the opening or finishing of a new building or work of art
为…揭幕
The memorial to those who had died in the war was unveiled in 1948 by the Queen.
缅怀战争死难者的纪念碑于1948年由女王揭幕。
› If you unveil something new, you show it or make it known for the first time
(首次)展示,介绍,推出;将…公诸于众
A new government policy on forests is due to be unveiled in April.
政府针对森林的一项新政策将于4月份出台。


incubator
noun [C]     /ˈɪŋ.kjʊ.beɪ.tər/ US  /-t̬ɚ/
› a container that has controlled air and temperature conditions in which a weakor premature baby (= one which was born too early) can be kept alive
(用于体弱婴儿或早产儿护理的)恒温箱
› a device for keeping birds' eggs at the correct temperature to allow youngbirds to develop until they break out of the shell
孵化器




comments: I like this dictionary just because it has a lot of different languages. I can also learn different language from here if I want. I like the color of this web and I can surf into the  facebook from here too.

1 則留言:

  1. So you like the interface of the dictionary. Which dictionary is this, Chiu?

    回覆刪除